On top of providing teachers with a referential of competencies (plus glossary and examples), and ready-to-use pedagogical scenarios, PIAF also compiled a list of resources to help teachers to better understand the inners of CT, and to guide them through the design of their own pedagogical scenarios.
On this page, you will find a list of such resources, including :
- a video presentation of some selected tools (courtesy of University of Luxembourg)
- a guide to help teachers to choose class materials / activities (hereafter named tools)
- an analysis of existing tools, including the Computer Science Unplugged website / book
- a diagram suggesting an order in which the competences of the PIAF referential could be addressed in basic education
Please note that other useful resources may be available in German or French. Please have a look at the corresponding pages in French or German. For some of the videos, it is possible to choose German or English subtitles.
Examples of such resources include:
- ideas to teach CT (courtesy of the University of Luxembourg, in German)
- Videos briefly presenting educational robots (Blue-Bot, Thymio and Lego Spike) (in French)
- Videos explaining each competency of the PIAF framework (in French)
- Assessment tasks for each competency of the framework (in German & in French)
- Model roadmap for a training in computational thinking (in French, coming soon)
- Video presentations related to the triple concordance (learning objectify, methods and assessment) (in French)
- an observation grid to identify whether pupils are working on one or more competences of the reference framework during a learning activity, but also the behaviour of the teacher who requests this work (in French)